How to Play:
Seven Card Stud Poker, available at 32Red Poker, has five rounds of betting. The maximum bet doubles after the third round of betting. This leads to large pots. Seven Card Stud Poker is a game that requires patience and skill, in knowing when to fold or call.
The object of the game is to finish with the best poker hand, to win the pot, and the number of Players that can play Seven Card Stud Poker ranges from 2 to 8.
Seven Card Stud Poker Overview...
To play Seven Card Stud Poker you must have enough credits to place an ante and a bet.
Seven Card Stud plays as follows...
- Place an ante on the table.
Note: The ante amount is set by the card room. There is no ante amount when the game stakes are $0.50/$1.00.
- You are dealt three cards, two pocket cards and one visible card.
- The Player with the lowest card must bring-in the betting.
- A round of betting begins. Players can either: Fold Call Raise Check.
- After all the players have contributed the same amount into the pot, the Fourth Street betting begins.
- The bet amounts are raised to the high limit in the Fifth Street and Sixth Street.
- The last phase of Seven Card Stud Poker is the Seventh Street. The outcome of the game is determined in this phase.
To improve your chances of winning, use the following strategies:
- A big pair is worth betting on, unless another Player is betting aggressively on what seems to be a very good hand.
- Fifth Street is a make-or-break point. As the bet amount doubles each round, ensure your hand can produce a win at the end of the game. This will minimize your losses.
- It is advisable to fold if another Player's exposed cards beat your entire hand.
- If you are trying to complete a Straight, check to see if the cards you need are displayed by another Player. You can then adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Fold when necessary. Seven Card Stud Poker is a game of patience, so do not bet all your money on losing hands.